Textured Cube & Roses
Who would guess that this intriguing textured container is made from a foam cube and textured paper! An easy affordable way to create the custom look you want.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- White, paintable textured wall covering (available by the roll in most
- hardware stores)
- Antique gold rub-on leafing
- Red roses, 11
- Bright green berries, four bunches
- Green reindeer moss, one small bag
- Red/gold ribbon: wire-edged organza, 2-1/2" x 1-1/3 yds.; satin/sheer,
- 5/8" x 1-1/6 yds.
- Green floral wire
- Floral pins
- Floral pick, 4"
- 1. Paying close attention to pattern placement,trace foam cube five times onto back of wall covering.Cut out squares. Glue squares to sides and bottom of cube.
- 2. Following manufacturer's instructions, rub smallamount of leafing over wall covering motifs to accent raised texture.
- 3. Cut two 20" lengths from 5/8"-wide ribbon.Beginning and ending at center top of cube, wrapribbons in opposite directions around cube sides; pinends to secure. Use glue gun to completely cover topof cube with reindeer moss.
- 4. Cut 6" length from wire. Shape 2-1/2"-wide ribbon length into sixor more loops; wrap wire around center of bow, twisting ends together.Wrap wire around top of floral pick and insert 1" deep into center top ofmoss-covered cube.
- 5. Use floral shears to trim rose stems and insert into top of cubearound bow. Adjust bow loops to fill any gaps between roses.
- 6. Trim berry stems and separate into smaller bunches. Insert berrybunches into foam between roses and around top edge of cube.
- 7. If desired, remove floral stems one at a time, apply glue to ends,and reinsert into arrangement for added strength.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Red Rose HeartBoldly Blooming CenterpieceVintage Santa Rose Vase
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog