Elegant Easter Greeting
Use subtle color and elegant details to craft an Easter greeting as graceful as your Easter table. Dimensional eggs would make ideal place cards as well.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Metallic ivory/pink acrylic paint
- Pink/gold pigment powder
- Papers, one sheet each: decorative floral scroll; coordinating
- cardstock; rice paper
- Stickers: gold script alphabet; coordinating floral border
- Coordinating satin ribbon, 1/2" x 1/4 yd.
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foamegg in half lengthwise. Set aside one half for a second card or future project.
- 2. Cut 7" x 10" piece from cardstock; score and fold tomeasure 5" x 7". Cut 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" piece from scroll paper;adhere to center front of card.
- 3. Cut 3-1/4" x 6" piece from cardstock; adhere to center ofscroll paper. Trim and apply border stickers across top andbottom of cardstock piece.
- 4. Tear rice paper sheet into small strips. Use wide brush andlaminating glue to adhere paper pieces to foam half-egg,completely covering surface. Use brush to smooth out wrinkles.Let dry completely.
- 5. Paint egg metallic ivory. While paint is still slightlytacky to the touch, use brush to dust egg with pigment powder.
- 6. Apply alphabet stickers to cardstock just above lowerborder sticker, spelling "Easter Greetings" as shown.
- 7. Tie satin ribbon into bow around center of egg. Use paperglue to adhere egg to card front.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Easter Finery EggsBright and Happy Easter CardGolden Ornament Card
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog