River Stone Mosaic Wreath
Wreath made of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam decorated with smooth river-polished rocks evokes the serenity of a cool meandering river on a lazy summer afternoon.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Beveled wreath, 10" x 2" x 2"
- Turquoise river stones, 2 lb.
- Acrylic spackling compound
- Acrylic paint: tan
- Assorted small seashells or other beach treasures
- Florals: dried caspia; preserved eucalyptus
- Natural raffia
- Small disposable container
- Jumbo craft stick
- (NOTE: Acrylic spackling compound is available at
- home improvement stores.)
- 1. Glue smooth river stones to front and sides of foam wreath,allowing very little space between them. (Note: Stones willappear farther apart after spackling is applied.) Alternatesizes and colors of stones for added interest.
- 2. Tint 1/2 cup of spackling compound with a small amount oftan paint, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- 3. Use your fingers to press spackling into small crevicesbetween stones. Continue until a smooth, even coat of compoundis applied to stone-covered areas of wreath. Gently wipe offexcess spackling from face of stones with a clean damp sponge,rinsing it often.
- 4. Check spackling coverage along edges of wreath and fill inas necessary. Let spackling partially cure.
- 5. Clean stones with a damp sponge to remove haze left byspackling residue. Allow spackling to cure completely.
- 6. Using photo as a guide, arrange and glue a cluster ofseashells to center bottom of wreath. Fill in with sprigs ofdried caspia flowers and eucalyptus.
- 7. Tie raffia around center top of wreath to form a hanger.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog