Sea Glass & Sand Orbs
Decorative orbs capture the essence of the seashore. Embed sea glass nuggets and assorted shells in a sandy grout for a mosaic of sun and surf memories.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- 1. Sort sea glass by color. Use complementary colors of glassor a single color for a monochromatic look.
- 2. Glue sea glass to foam balls with small shells randomlyinterspersed, allowing very little space between pieces.(Note: Glass pieces will appear farther apart after spackling is applied.)
- 3. Tint spackling compound with a small amount of tan paint,mixing until thoroughly blended. If desired, stir in smallamounts of sand until the desired texture is achieved.
- 4. Apply spackling to each orb, using your fingers to presscompound into small crevices. Gently wipe off excess spacklingon sea glass and shells with a clean damp sponge, leaving asmooth, even coat between pieces. Rinse your sponge often.
- 5. Allow spackling to completely cure.
- 6. Wipe sea glass and shells with a damp sponge to remove hazeleft by spackling residue. Let dry thoroughly and then buffeach orb with a soft cloth.
- 7. Tie raffia gift-wrap style around each orb and knot atcenter top. Trim raffia, gluing small seashells to random ends.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog