Mosaic & Moss Eggs
Bright blue china and soft springy moss details bring garden charm indoors. Search yard sales for mismatched china then go home and work some mosaic magic.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- (for one egg):
- Mismatched or broken china pieces
- Flat-backed glass gems to complement china (optional)
- Lichen moss
- 1. To break china for mosaic, wrap one piece of china intowel. Gently tap hammer against china. Continue until brokenpieces are about 3/4" across; remove from towel. Breakremaining china until there are enough pieces to cover foam egg.
- 2. Use glue gun to glue china pieces to egg, fitting piecesclose together to cover entire surface. Glue gems to egg as desired.
- 3. If more china pieces are needed to fit particular spaces,repeat Step 1. Tile nippers may be used to shape china piecesas needed.
- 4. Apply generous amount of white glue to open areas betweenchina pieces. Use tip of skewer to press bits of moss intoglue. Use hands to push moss firmly into surface of egg.
- 5. Use scissors to trim moss to even height; let dry.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog