Gingerbread Cookie Couple
Standing 18' tall little fingers don't stand a chance against this yummy-looking pair! Crafted from foam sheets this cookie couple will look great year after year.,
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 18" x 12" x 1", two
- Pre-mixed latex spackling
- Brown acrylic paint
- White chenille stems, two
- White rick-rack, 1" x 2-1/2 yds.
- White lace trim: daisy-chain, 1-1/4" x 1/3 yd.;
- eyelet, 1" x 1/2 yd.; eyelet ruffle, 4-1/2" x 1/3 yd.
- Buttons, four each: black half-round, 1/2";
- red heart-shaped, 5/8"
- Metallic pink beads, 1/4", two
- Red/white ribbon, 1/3 yd. each: satin polka-dot,
- 1-1/2" wide; gingham wire-edged, 1-1/4" wide
- Iridescent glitter
- 1. Using black marker, trace pattern onto one side of eachfoam sheet.
- 2. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Note:Utility knife may be used instead of serrated knife. Cut outgingerbread shapes; smooth cut edges with fingertips.
- 3. Place small amount spackling into plastic bowl; stirvigorously until very smooth. Use putty knife to evenly spreadspackling over front and sides of both gingerbread. Let dry.
- 4. Lightly sand spackling. Paint front and sides ofgingerbread brown; let dry.
- 5. Using photo as guide, glue rick-rack "icing" across eachwrist and ankle, overlapping sides by 1/2". Center and gluerick-rack around side edges of each gingerbread.
- 6. Cut one 3" and two 7-1/2" lengths from 1" eyelet trim. Gluetrim to gingerbread girl for apron straps and bib as shown;top of straps should go over shoulders. Glue eyelet rufflearound waist for apron.
- 7. Cut daisy-chain trim apart into individual motifs. Gluemotifs to gingerbread for buttons as shown. Cut some motifs inhalf for mouths and eyelashes; glue in place.
- 8. Glue black button eyes, red heart cheeks, and pink beadnoses to faces.
- 9. Tie each ribbon length into desired bow; glue to necks.
- 10. Spread thin layer of white glue onto exposed areas ofgingerbread; sprinkle with iridescent glitter for sugary look.
- 11. For hanger, twist ends of chenille stem together. Push andglue twisted end into back of gingerbread.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog