Note: Broken china pieces may have sharp edges. Be extremelycareful when working with them. Wear rubber gloves for your safety.
- 1. To break china for mosaic, wrap one piece of china intowel. Gently tap hammer against china. Continue until brokenpieces are about 3/4" across; remove from towel. Breakremaining china chosen for design.
- 2. Using photo as guide, use glue gun to glue several chinapieces to centers of two opposite sides of foam egg. Ifadditional china pieces are required to fit particular spaces,repeat Step 1. Tile nippers may be used to shape china piecesas needed. Glue glass gems to remaining surfaces of egg.
- 3. In plastic cup, mix small amount of acrylic paint into 1/2cup or more of spackling to create pastel "grout." Blend well,using spoon or craft stick.
- 4. Wearing gloves, use fingers to work spackling "grout" intocracks between china pieces and gems, removing excessspackling as you work. Using damp sponge, gently wipe mosaicsurface to smooth grout lines and remove excess spackling.Rinse sponge often.
- 5. Following manufacturer's instructions, let spackling set.Use sponge to wipe surface clean. Let spackling dry overnight.Buff surface with dry towel to shine.