Note: Broken china pieces may have sharp edges. Be extremelycareful when working with them. Wear rubber gloves for your safety.
- 1. To break china for mosaic, wrap one piece of china intowel. Gently tap hammer against china. Continue until brokenpieces are about 3/4" across; remove from towel. Breakremaining china until there are enough pieces to cover foam egg.
- 2. Use glue gun to glue china pieces and glass gems to egg,fitting pieces close together to cover entire surface. Note:Spaces between china pieces will be more pronounced on roundedsurfaces; more "grout" (spackling) may show on finished piece than expected.
- 3. If additional china pieces are required to fit particularspaces, repeat Step 1. Tile nippers may be used to shape china pieces as needed.
- 4. When egg is completely covered, wear rubber gloves and usefingers to work spackling "grout" into cracks between chinapieces. Using damp sponge, gently wipe mosaic surface tosmooth grout lines and remove excess spackling. Rinse sponge often.
- 5. Following manufacturer's instructions, let spackling set.Use sponge to wipe surface clean. Let spackling dry overnight.Buff surface with dry towel to shine.