Faux-Rust Angel Trio
Rusty tin is a trendy decorating look and you can recreate this aged look yourself in one afternoon. No one will guess that these dramatic heavenly accents are made from STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls: two 2"; one 1-1/2"
- Sheet, 36" x 12" x 1"
- Cones, one each: 18"; 14"; 9"
- Faux finishes: Iron Metallic Surfacer; Rust
- Antiquing Solution (Modern Options)
- Matte-finish spray varnish
- Metal items: purchased motifs or costume jewelry;
- three bangle bracelets
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut 1/2"from top of each foam cone. Twist foam ball tightly onto topof cone until pieces fit snugly together; use smaller ball for9" cone. Use glue gun to glue heads to bodies.
- 2. Cut patterns from foam board as indicated. Position wingsagainst sides of appropriate angel body. Gently rub wings upand down against body for proper angle, ensuring top edges ofwings are perfectly horizontal. Glue wings to body.
- 3. Glue decorative metal motif, charm or piece of costumejewelry at each neck. Use wire cutters to snip each bracelethalo in one place. Spread bangle apart slightly and glue endsinto back of angel's head as shown. Adjust length of halo asneeded for smallest angel.
- 4. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply two coats ironfinish to each angel, including halo and neckline motif.Follow instructions to apply one or more coats rust finishover iron; additional coats of rust finish will produce moreorange patina. Let dry completely.
- 5. Follow manufacturer's instructions to spray angels with oneor more coats varnish. Let dry.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bronze Finial TrioRusty Rooster Garden OrnamentFaux-Rust Oak Leaf Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog