Rustic Heart Memo Board
You can never be too organized so tuck this mini memo board into those smaller spaces just begging for order: craft area laundry room kitchen wall.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paints: red iron oxide; dark green; antique gold
- Painter's canvas, primed or unprimed, 1/2 yd.
- Gesso (if using unprimed canvas)
- Pressure-sensitive copper foil tape
- Sheer gold metallic ribbon
- Brass brads, four
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Refer todiagram to cut heart from foam sheet.
- 2. Trace foam heart onto one side of painter's canvas; cutout. Use craft glue to glue canvas heart to front of foam heart.
- 3. Measure perimeter of heart. Cut a 1"-wide strip of canvasto cover heart edges. Glue canvas to foam. Pin canvas tosecure; let dry. Remove pins.
- 4. If canvas is unprimed, follow manufacturer's directions toapply one or two generous coats of gesso to canvas, lettingdry between coats. Ignore imperfections on surface; they willadd to rustic quality of painted finish. Let dry.
- 5. Paint heart front and edges red iron oxide. Use slightlydamp sponge to pounce dark green areas onto heart; repeat withantique gold. Rinse sponge well; use sponge to soften hardedges where colors overlap.
- 6. Reapply red iron oxide over areas that appear uneven andre-blend. Continue until pleased with effect. Let dry.
- 7. Put on gloves. Press copper foil tape over top of jointbetween top and sides of heart, pressing half of strip ontofront and remainder onto sides.
- 8. Glue brads into front of memo board as shown. Cut 14"length from ribbon. Leaving center loop for hanger, tie ribboninto bow. Hot glue hanger to top of heart.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Leopard Bag Memo Board"Weathered Plaster" Heart PlaquesStamped Clay Hearts
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog