Peppermint Snow Angel
Guardian angels don't come much sweeter than this one! Accented with candy-colored details and a soft smile Peppermint Snow Angel is a 'JOY' to create.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- White fleece, 10" x 16"
- Red/white fabrics: striped, 6" x 12"; checked,
- 2" x 4"
- Sparkle felt, 9" x 12" sheets: red, one; white, two
- Textured sparkle fibers, 1 yd. each: red; white
- Red embroidery floss
- Red pom pom, 1/4"
- White buttons, 1/4", two
- Black beads, 8mm, two
- Clear alphabet stickers: J; O; Y
- Cosmetic blush
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut thinslices from opposite ends of foam egg and one side of foamball. Glue flat side of ball to narrow end of egg for head.
- 2. Clean stray bits of foam from work surface before cuttingfabrics. Cut pattern pieces as indicated. For wings, cut twofrom white felt on outline; cut one from red/white stripedfabric on dashed line. In addition, cut 10" x 11" rectanglefrom fleece and three 1" circles from red/white checkedfabric, paying attention to position of checks. Glue fabriccircles to remaining red felt; trim felt just outside fabric edges.
- 3. Evenly wrap fleece rectangle cut in Step 2 around foamhead/body, overlapping fleece edges at back; glue fleece edgesto secure. Gather fleece evenly at top and bottom, pullingtight; glue fleece to foam to secure. Trim excess fabric.
- 4. Wrap and glue collar tightly around neck to shape head.Glue buttons to collar.
- 5. Refer to photo to create face. Use scissors point to maketwo holes for eyes in foam, 3/8" apart. Glue beads in place,pushing firmly into holes. Glue pom pom nose to face. Usefingertip to apply blush to cheeks.
- 6. Use three strands red floss to stitch small, v-shapedmouth. Bring embroidery needle from bottom of head, throughfoam ball, to face. Stitch mouth through fleece only. Tofinish, take floss back through foam ball to bottom of head;knot and clip thread.
- 7. Glue sleeve and mitten pieces together in pairs. Refer tosleeve pattern for mitten placement. Glue sleeves to sides ofbody under head.
- 8. Glue felt wings together; center and glue striped wing ontop. Glue center of wings to back of head.
- 9. Adhere "JOY" letter stickers to fabric/felt circles. Tiesmall bow with tails from red and white fibers. Glue redfibers around edge of each "JOY" circle. Glue circles to bowtails. Glue bow to mittens.
- 10. Twist fibers together and wrap around top of head forhalo; glue to secure.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Snow Bunnies
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog