Forever Fashionable Snowlady
Fur fashion and fun top the list this holiday season! Indulge your inner diva when you create your own best-dressed snowgal pal. Shopping anyone?
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Fleece: white, 10" x 16"; tan, 12" square
- Leopard-print fabric or faux fur, 1/4 yd.
- Fiberfill stuffing, or six cotton balls
- Red embroidery floss
- Buttons: 1/2" black, two; 3/4" gold star, one
- Black beads: 6mm, two; 8mm, one
- Cosmetic blush
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut thinslices from opposite ends of foam egg and one side of foamball. Glue flat side of ball head to narrow end of egg body.
- 2. Clean stray bits of foam from work surface before cuttingfabrics. Cut the following pieces from fabrics: white fleecehead/body, 10" x 11"; fur hat, 8" x 10"; fur collar, 9" x 2";fur muff, 4" x 6"; fur coat trim, 3" x 15".
- 3. To make coat, double fold tan fleece to measure 6" square.Refer to diagram to cut 3" square from bottom outside corners;discard scraps. Cut through one layer of center fold only tocreate front coat opening. Clip 1/2" from center along eachtop fold to create neck opening.
- 4. Evenly wrap white fleece cut in Step 2 around foamhead/body, overlapping fleece edges at back; glue fleece edges to secure.
- 5. Using white thread, sew a gathering stitch around top andbottom edges of fleece. Pull threads to gather fleece; knotand clip ends. Glue fleece to foam. Tightly tie length ofwhite thread around neck to shape head; clip ends.
- 6. Refer to photo to create snowlady's face. Use scissorspoint to make two holes for eyes in foam, 3/8" apart. Glue 6mmeye beads in place, pushing beads firmly into holes. Glue 8mmnose bead to face. Use fingertip to apply blush to cheeks.
- 7. Use three strands red floss to stitch smile. Bringembroidery needle from back of head, through foam ball, toface. Stitch mouth through fleece only. To finish, take flossback through foam ball to back of head; knot and clip thread.
- 8. Place coat on work surface, right sides together andunderarms aligned. Glue underarm seams; let dry. Clip cornersand turn coat right side out.
- 9. Fold coat trim cut in Step 2 in half lengthwise, wrongsides together, to measure 1-1/2" x 15"; overlap edgesslightly and glue to secure. Glue trim along bottom edge ofcoat, lapping ends over edges of coat opening. Glue buttons toleft edge of coat front. Place coat on snow lady. Stuffsleeves lightly with fiberfill or cotton balls.
- 10. Fold hat in half lengthwise, right sides together, tomeasure 4" x 10". Glue long open edges together; let dry.
- 11. Using tan thread, sew a gathering stitch around one openend of hat. Pull threads to gather fur; knot and clip ends.Fold up opposite end of hat 2" and glue to secure. Turn hatright side out. Cuff bottom edge of hat 1-1/2". Glue hat ontohead. Glue star button to hat brim.
- 12. Fold sides of collar under 1/2" and wrap around neck,gluing at back; trim excess. Fold edges of muff under 1/2" andglue to secure. Overlap sides 1/4" and glue to secure. Slipmuff over one sleeve and glue to secure. Repeat with remaining sleeve.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Snowman's ChristmasSnowman Wobbler
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog