Flower-ful Egg Basket
The Easter Bunny is surely on his way . . . to your house to swipe these beautiful baskets! Spring papers green grass and colorful eggs say 'celebrate spring'.
Completion Time -
Diane D. Flowers
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cube, 5"
- Eggs: one 2"; two 1-1/2"
- Paper: pastel/multi-floral tissue, one sheet; scrapbook papers of
- choice, two 12" x 12" sheets (Provo Craft(REG) Scrap Padsâ„¢ #40-1476,
- #40-1478 and #40-1448 were used here)
- Florals: green grass, two bunches; pink mini roses with leaves, 12;
- yellow mini roses with leaves, six; small pink filler flowers, six;
- bright green reindeer moss, one bag
- Brown paper-covered wire
- Ribbon: pink/floral organza, 1-3/8" x 5/6 yd.; sheer yellow wire-edged,
- 7/8" x 1-1/2 yd.
- 1. Tear tissue paper into several approximately 2" pieces.
- 2. Mix one part white glue with two parts water in disposablebowl. If desired, put on gloves.
- 3. Dip one tissue piece into glue/water mixture and thensmooth onto surface of foam egg. Continue until egg iscompletely covered, allowing tissue pieces to wrinkle andoverlap. Repeat for all eggs. Place eggs on waxed paper to dryovernight or use dryer.
- 4. Use glue gun to glue one end of skewer into side of eachegg for "stems".Basket -
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Use knifeto cut 1" border into top of foam cube. Remove foam insideborder to a depth of 1".
- 2. Cut one 24" length from wire and form into rounded handle.Glue handle ends into opposite corners at top of cube.
- 3. Choose paper(s) to cover cube; designer chose onepredominantly green, one yellow and one pink pattern as shownhere. Cut two 6" x 12" strips and one 5" square from desiredpaper for each basket.
- 4. Carefully wrap each 6" x 12" strip around sides of cube,overlapping excess on opposite corners; gently finger creasecorners. Remove paper and crease folds with bone folder. Usewhite glue to adhere paper to cube; hold in place until gluesets. Glue 5" paper square to bottom of cube; let dry.
- 5. Trim grass stems as needed and glue into top of basket. Useglue gun to glue small clumps of moss around grass bunches,filling gaps between grass and paper. Trim flower stems andglue into top of basket around edges, between grass and paper.
- 6. Loosely wrap pink ribbon length around wire handle. Cutribbon ends in a "v." Tie center of yellow ribbon length intoloopy bow around center of handle. Finger curl ribbonstreamers; cut ribbon ends in a "v." Spot glue ribbon toarrangement to secure.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Floral Surprise Package CandleholdersPhoto Cubes
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog