Framed Orchid Wall Art
For dramatic floral looks made easy begin with a foam frame cut to size. Cover frame with the most gorgeous papers and permanent botanicals you can find.
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cream orchid stems, two
- Silver wood-grain gift wrap
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measureand mark an 8" x 14" rectangle in center of foam block; cutout to create 2"-thick frame.
- 2. Place frame on wrong side of wrapping paper, leaving atleast 1-1/2" all around. Trace frame onto paper. Cut out paper1-1/2" beyond traced lines, outside and inside frame edges.
- 3. Center and glue paper to frame front and sides, wrappingexcess paper around to back. Slit paper corners to foam edgeand fold neatly to back of frame; glue to secure.
- 4.Use floral shears to trim orchid stems to 2" long; insertstems at angle into inside bottom edge of frame. Spot gluestems to secure.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Tuscan Wall ArtChocolate Flower Wall ArtGreen-and-Gold Square Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog