Disc Grid Wall Art
Wall décor goes mod with this metallic vision of circles lines and not-quite-hidden geometric intrigue. Holographic paper adhered to foam discs sets this art apart!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Holographic sticker paper, 8-1/2" x 11", nine sheets
- Wooden strips, 1/4" x 1/8" x 24", five
- Coordinating metallic-finish spray paint
- 1. Cut two 1" x 11" strips from long edge of each piece ofsticker paper; do not remove paper backing. For each pair ofstrips, peel back and remove 1" of paper backing at end of onestrip and adhere it to one end of second strip, creating a21"-long strip.
- 2. Trace foam disc nine times onto back of sticker paper andcut out; again, do not remove paper backing.
- 3. Spread thin, even coat of glue onto one side of first foamdisc. Center one paper circle on disc; smooth paper withfingers. Repeat to cover all discs. Wipe away excess glue withdamp cloth.
- 4. In same way, cover disc edges with paper strips cut in Step1; secure with craft pins and trim excess. Repeat to cover alldisc edges. Wipe away excess glue with damp cloth. Let dry.
- 5. Spray paint wooden strips; let dry. Use craft snips to cutthree strips to 20" long; cut six 8" lengths from remaining strips.
- 6. Refer to diagram and place discs facedown and 2" apart in a3 x 3 grid pattern. Check for straightness and accuracythroughout rest of project.
- 7. Use craft glue to glue three 20" wood strips verticallyacross center of each row of three discs; let dry.
- 8. Glue 8" wood strips horizontally to connect the rows. Foradditional reinforcement, insert u-pins over wood strips andinto foam. Let dry completely before handling wall sculpture.
- 9. Cut two 3" wire lengths; twist ends of each length togetheraround top back wood strips to form loops. Be sure loops arelevel; spot glue to secure. Hang art as shown.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Disc Wall ArtHalf Ball Wall ArtRectangle Wall Sculpture
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog