Girl's Flower Wall Art
Pink posies add a flowerful punch of color and texture. STYROFOAM™ Brand foam and silk flowers team up to create everlasting wall art.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- 1" x 12" x 36" sheet, one
- Scrapbook paper: 12" x 12", one sheet
- Pink fabric: 16" square
- Ribbon, 1" x 1-1/2 yds.
- Silk gerbera daisies: one 10"; three 4"
- 1. Using ruler and pencil, score foam sheet to create three,12" x 12" squares. Wax serrated knife with an old candle.Holding foam sheet firmly on a flat surface, extend one endand cut across score line, using knife like a saw. Or, trydental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20"length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning onehand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; drawthe dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scoredline. Save one foam square for another use.
- 2. Spread white craft glue on one foam square; center and gluescrapbook paper to foam square. Pin or glue ribbon around edges.
- 3. Spread white craft glue on second foam square. Centerfabric over foam square and glue in place; carefully smoothfabric over edges, folding fabric neatly at corners and pin orglue to the back of foam square.
- 4. Cut stems from flowers, using wire cutters. Glue 10"gerbera daisy to center of fabric covered square; for fasterbond, use glue gun (do not use glue gun directly onSTYROFOAM™ brand foam, as it may melt a portion of thefoam). Center and glue three, 4" gerbera daisies in a diagonalline on paper covered foam square.
- 5. Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold,insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtoothpicture hanger.
- 6. Let dry before hanging.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Girlfriend Photo Wall ArtFloral HeadboardGirl's Window Cornice
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog