Bright Gerbera Wreath
Fresh and festive this playful paper-wrapped wreath brings a dash of summer sunshine to any room. Make it yourself in just a few easy steps!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath, 12" x 2" x 1" beveled
- Silk daisies, six each: small white; assorted
- color medium and large gerbera
- Decorative paper, 12" x 12" sheets, one each:
- pink; light pink; pink dot; green; green dot;
- Green vellum, 12" x 12" sheet
- Green floral wire
- Floral T-pins
- 1. Cut three 1-1/2" x 12" strips from each sheet of paper; cuteach strip in half to create 36 six-inch strips.
- 2. Beginning and ending at back of foam wreath, wrap and glueone paper strip around wreath; pin ends to secure. Continueadding paper strips until wreath is covered; alternate colorsand overlap strips slightly, pinning at back until glue dries.When dry, remove pins.
- 3. Use wire cutters to trim daisy stems to 3/4" length. Referto photo and poke small holes into paper where daisies will beplaced; use scissors tip or craft pin to poke holes. Applyglue to flower stems and insert into holes in wreath.
- 4. Using pattern, cut six leaves from vellum; cut each leafalong slit on pattern. To form cup-shaped leaves, cross leafends over each other on either side of slit and glue tosecure. Glue leaves in and around daisies as shown.
- 5. Cut several 1/8" x 6" strips from assorted papers fortendrils; wrap tightly around pencil to curl. Glue tendrils inand around daisies and leaves.
- 6. Cut two 1" x 7" strips from paper of choice for ribbons;cut each end at a slant. Glue ribbon ends to bottom back of wreath.
- 7. Cut 4" length from wire; twist ends together to make loop.Glue wire ends into top back of wreath for hanger.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Framed Orchid Wall ArtContempo Gerbera Daisy CubesBright Paper & Ribbon Eggs
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog