In the Meadow Country Snowman
In the meadow you can craft a snowman! Well maybe in your craft room instead. Either way his sweet homespun details add loads of charm to your collection.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wool felt, 12" x 18" sheets: two natural;
- one burgundy; orange scrap
- Coordinating homespun fabrics: 2-1/2" x 44" plaid;
- two 2" x 22" holiday print
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Black beads, 5mm, two
- Black buttons, 1/2", three
- Twig, 9"
- Cosmetic blush
- 1. Wet wool felt and blot excess water with towel. Place inclothes dryer until almost dry to create felted, textured look.
- 2. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut thinslices from top and bottom of both larger foam balls and frombottom of smallest foam ball. Twist and glue cut sides oflarger balls together to create body; let dry.
- 3. Cut pattern pieces from felt on solid lines as indicated,folding burgundy wool felt in half and in half again beforecutting. In addition, cut 6" circle from first natural wool felt sheet.
- 4. Wrap snowman body with second natural wool felt sheet;overlap and glue ends at back. Gently stretch felt ends underbottom of body and glue to secure. Use fingers to gentlygather felt at top of body; glue felt to foam.
- 5. Tightly tie upholstery thread around snowman body whereballs meet to create definition; trim ends.
- 6. Place remaining foam ball, cut side up, in center of 6"wool felt circle. Pull felt up around ball to flat side,smoothing gathers as much as possible; glue to secure.
- 7. Using three strands black floss, sew running stitch formouth as shown; insert needle into flat side of head and comeout through front. Use scissors tip to poke holes for eyes;glue beads into holes. Use fingertip to blush cheeks. Gluenose to head and head to body.
- 8. Tie gold floss through black buttons and clip threads; glueto front of snowman. Tear two patches from print fabric andsew to front of snowman with several stitches.
- 9. Use tracing paper or air-soluble marker to transfer wordsto snowman as shown. Use three strands black floss to straightstitch letters through felt only, not foam.
- 10. Glue jacket underarm seams. Cut slit along center front ofjacket and round bottom opening edges as indicated on patternby dashed line. Finger press lapels and cuffs. Use threestrands black floss to top stitch jacket and cuff edges.
- 11. Refer to photo to glue tree to jacket front. Use threestrands black floss to sew straight stitches around tree asindicated on pattern; sew three long stitches at bottom fortrunk. Place jacket on snowman; spot glue to secure. Stuffarms lightly with fiberfill.
- 12. Glue hand pieces together in pairs; stuff lightly. Glueand insert hands into sleeves. Glue sleeves to sides of body.
- 13. Cut 2-1/2" x 20" strip from plaid fabric for scarf; fringeends and tie around neck.
- 14. Tear three 3/4" x 4" plaid strips and three 3/4" x 5"holiday print strips. Tie strips around twig as shown tocreate mini tree; glue tree to snowman's hand.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Woodland Naturals SnowmanCreamsicle Snow FamilySnowman's Christmas
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog