Be a good egg and create our Inspirational Egg for a special gift. Use favorite words names and expressions all printed out in different fonts and decoupage them onto an egg of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Word stickers or computer-printed words
- Modeling paste
- Gloss-finish dcoupage medium
- 1. Place small amount modeling paste into disposable cup and mix wellwith craft stick until smooth; add tiny bit of water if needed.
- 2. Insert skewer into bottom of foam egg to use as handle.Brush thin coat of paste mixture onto egg using soft, widebrush. Dip brush into water occasionally as you work and uselong, light strokes. Place skewer in heavy glass or jar while egg dries.
- 3. Sand egg lightly to smooth surface even more.
- 4. If using computer-generated text, print inspirational wordsin a variety of fonts. You may print words in color, as well.Cut out words, leaving border around each.
- 5. Glue words to egg, adding large words first and filling inwith smaller words.
- 6. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply thin, even coatof dcoupage medium over words. Do not over-brush medium orink may smear. Let dry. Apply second coat of medium; let dry.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Spa StonesContempo Gerbera Daisy CubesKids' Photo Cubes
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog