Kraft Paper Flower Wreath
Floral décor goes rustic - and recycled - in this easy-to-craft kraft paper creation. Humble brown grocery bags are reinvented as an eye-catching wreath perfect for any season.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath, 9" x 1-1/4" x 3/4"
- Brown paper grocery bags, three large
- Light brown wax-style shoe polish
- Glossy dcoupage medium
- 1. Slit each paper bag along one side seam and cut out bottomto create large, flat kraft paper sheets.
- 2.Cut ten 2" x 20" strips from brown bags and fold each inhalf lengthwise. Use glue gun to secure one end of first stripto back of foam wreath. Wrap paper diagonally around wreath,keeping it smooth, slightly overlapping each layer; glue endof strip to back of wreath. Continue wrapping wreath until covered.
- 3. Cut the following from brown bags: one 1" x 4" strip(wreath hanger); two 1/2" x 8" strips (wreath bow); two 3" x15" strips (leaves); four 5/8" x 1" strips (large flowercenters). In addition, cut six small flowers from bags; cutand fold as indicated on pattern. Gently pull wooden skeweralong back of each petal to add curve.
- 4.Fold hanger strip in thirds lengthwise and glue ends toform loop; glue to top center back of wreath and let dry. Gluebow strips together in a long "X" shape to bottom center frontof wreath; bend and glue top ends to center to create bow loops.
- 5. Glue leaf strips together and run through paper crimper toadd texture; cut ten leaves from strip. For large flowercenters, cut fringe along one 1" edge of each 5/8" x 1" strip.Roll strip into tight tube around skewer with fringe at top;glue edge to secure.
- 6.Apply light coat of brown shoe polish to two 8" squareareas on front of brown bags; let dry. Buff polished areaswith soft rag to impart sheen. Cut four large flowers frompolished bag; fold as indicated on pattern. Use craft knife tocut tiny "x" at center of each flower; push and glue flowercenters created in Step 5 through holes from front to back.Fluff fringe as desired.
- 7.Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply one coatdcoupage medium over remaining polished area of brown bag;let dry completely. Punch six 1/2" circles from glossy bag;glue to centers of small flowers.
- 8.In addition, cut seven 1-1/4" x 2-1/2" strips from glossybag. Cut very narrow fringe along one 1-1/4" edge of eachstrip. With glossy side facing in, roll strips into tighttubes around skewer with fringe at top; glue edge to secure.Curl fringe around skewer for visual interest.
- 9.Refer to photo to glue four large and five small flowersto wreath, tucking two small flowers under bow loops atbottom. Glue two leaves under edges of each small flower asshown. Glue remaining small flower to center of bow. Tuck andglue fringe strips into wreath.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bright Gerbera WreathPlayful Paper Pinwheel WreathLoopy Paper Wreath
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog