Fabric Flower Power Wreath
Bright beautiful fabric flowers bloom year-round on wreath made of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam. It’s a great way to use up scraps of your favorite fabrics.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Round Face Wreath, 12" x 2-1/2" x 1"
- Bright green acrylic paint
- Assorted cotton fabric scraps, at least 5"
- square, including green for leaves
- Bright green ribbon, 1" x 8"
- Decorative flower buttons, ten
- Double-sided fusible webbing
- 1. Paint foam wreath green; let dry.
- 2. Cut twenty 5" squares from fabrics for flowers. Followwebbing manufacturer's instructions to fuse squares togetherback to back, creating ten double-sided squares. Cut and fusetogether two 6" green squares for leaves. Cut patterns as indicated.
- 3. Use pencil to lightly mark 3/4" circle at center back ofeach flower. Sew gathering stitch around circle and gentlypull up threads to gather slightly; knot and clip threads.This will cause flower petals to lift slightly. Repeat for all flowers.
- 4. Use glue gun to glue flowers side by side to wreath. Glueleaves to wreath under flowers as shown, alternating fabricsides as desired. Glue flower buttons to flower centers.
- 5. Glue ribbon ends together to create hanging loop; glue ends to topcenter back of wreath.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Bright Gerbera WreathKraft Paper Flower WreathFun 'n Funky Flowers
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog