Traditional Wallpaper Wall Art
If you love the look of wallpaper but find it a little overwhelming try this easy technique to create art from wallpaper. Simply cover 12' x 36' sheets of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam with wallpaper and hang as many or as few as you'd like.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 36" x 12" x 1", three
- Traditional wallpaper, one roll
- Grosgrain or velvet ribbon, 1" x 2-3/4 yds. per panel
- 1. Cut three 12" x 36" panels from wallpaper, taking note ofdesired design placement.
- 2. Spread thick coat of white glue on back of first piece andpress to foam sheet; smooth with fingers and let dry.Meanwhile, glue remaining wallpaper panels to foam sheets. Letdry completely.
- 3. Beginning and ending at one lower corner, use glue gun tosecure ribbon around edges of each foam sheet; trim excess,allowing a bit of overlap.
- 4. Use poster adhesive to attach to wall. Or, glue sawtoothhangers to back of each panel; for additional hold, insert andglue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picturehanger; let dry.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Ball & Cube Tabletop SculptureYellow Rose CenterpieceFloor Cones
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog