Extra large cones of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam add dramatic architectural elegance when dressed up as floor sculptures. For added height display on optional foam cubes.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cones, one each: 30" x 6"; 24" x 6"; 15" x 5"
- Optional: Cubes, 5" and 8" to serve as pedestals
- Acrylic paints: white; yellow ochre crackle-finish; charcoal (optional)
- Lightweight spackling
- Gloss-finish decoupage medium (optional)
- 1. Follow manufacturer's directions to mix spackling indisposable container until smooth and spreadable. Use puttyknife to spread even coat of spackling over foam cones,avoiding bases; let dry and sand smooth. Repeat.
- 2. Optional: To create foam pedestals for the cones, mixcharcoal paint with lightweight spackling to achieve desiredshade of dark gray. Follow Step 1 to cover foam cubes with spackling.
- 3. Paint two largest cones white and smallest cone yellowochre; let dry. Note: Follow crackle paint manufacturer'sinstructions to obtain best result.
- 4. Optional: For a glossy finish, apply several coatsdecoupage medium to white cones; let dry.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Traditional Wallpaper Wall ArtSleek & Chic Floor SculptureArchitectural Finals
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog