Mossy Wall Art
Ahhhh . . . Create a peaceful retreat in just an hour or two using STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam and favorite floral design supplies. Green-and-white scheme defines 'serene.'
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheet, 36" x 12" x 1"
- (one sheet yields 3 squares);
- or three 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Faux moss sheets, 14" x 14", three
- 1. If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step 2. Waxserrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and cuteach foam sheet into three 12" squares. Or, use dentalfloss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length ofdental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand atthe bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw thedental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- 2. Cut 1" square from each corner of each faux moss sheet.Apply glue to front and sides of first foam square and pressmoss to glue, folding sides down. Use straight pins to holdmoss in place until glue sets. Repeat to cover remaining squares.
- 3. Use level and poster adhesive to secure squares to wall asshown, or glue sawtooth hanger to top center back of eachsquare and hang with small nails.
- 4. For added interest, bundle curly willow twigs and hangabove Mossy Wall Art. Add short length of raffia or twine tocreate illusion that Mossy Wall Art hangs from the bundled twigs.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Moss SpheresPebble SpheresMoss Candleholders
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog