Brown & Green Wall Art
Project Description: Dress up 12' squares of STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand Foam in stylish colorful inexpensive scrapbook papers. For less than $5 per square you can create custom art that reflects you!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 36" x 12" x 1"
- (one sheet yields 3 squares);
- or four 12" x 12" x 1" squares
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12" sheets
- (Green paper shown is Be Inspired from Making Memories;
- brown paper is Botanico Trees by Chatterbox, Inc.)
- Decorative ribbon, such as grosgrain or
- velvet, 1" x 1-1/2 yds. per square
- 1. If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step 2. Waxserrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and cuteach foam sheet into three 12" squares. Or, use dentalfloss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length ofdental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand atthe bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw thedental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- 2. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of paste ontofront of first foam square, or apply liquid glue. Center onesheet of paper on pasted foam; smooth paper with fingers.Repeat to cover all foam squares.
- 3. Beginning and ending at one lower corner, use glue gun tosecure ribbon around edges of each foam square; trim excess,allowing a bit of overlap.
- 4. Display panels in pairs on small shelves as shown or, ifdesired, use level and poster adhesive to secure squares towall. You may also glue sawtooth hangers to top center back ofeach foam square and hang with small nails.TIPS:
- 1. Heavier paper and cardstock will deliver smoother results.
- 2.While glue is wet, the paper might appear wavy. As gluedries, the paper will smooth out.
- 3.STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand Foam is very forgiving. If the papersquare does not meet the edges of the foam square exactly, runthe edge of the foam square along a tabletop, compressing the foam.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Maroon & Green Wall ArtDandelion Wall ArtTuscan Wall Art
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog