SARA Wall Art
Personalize your space with monogrammed squares of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam for a fresh fun update. Simply cover squares with favorite scrapbook papers and embellishments; trim with pretty ribbon.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 36" x 12" x 1"
- (one sheet yields 3 squares),
- or 12" x 12" x 1" squares, one for each letter
- Decorative papers, 12" x 12" sheets, one for each foam square
- Decorative ribbon, such as grosgrain or
- velvet, 1" x 1-1/2 yds. per square
- Large letters: chipboard, wood, foam or felt
- Large flowers: chipboard, wood, felt or silk, one or more per square
- 1. If using 12" x 12" x 1" squares, skip to Step 2. Waxserrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measure and cuteach foam sheet into three 12" squares. Or, use dentalfloss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 20" length ofdental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand atthe bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw thedental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
- 2. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of paste onto oneside of first foam square, or apply liquid glue. Center onesheet of paper on pasted foam; smooth paper with fingers.Repeat to cover all foam squares.
- 3. Beginning and ending at one lower corner, use glue gun tosecure ribbon around edges of each foam square; trim excess,allowing a bit of overlap.
- 4. If necessary, paint wooden letters desired color; let dry.Using photo as a guide, glue letters and blossoms to squares;let dry flat.
- 5. Use level and poster adhesive to secure cubes to wall asshown, or glue sawtooth hanger to top center back of each foamsquare and hang with small nails.TIPS:
- 1. Heavier paper and cardstock will deliver smoother results.
- 2.While glue is wet, the paper might appear wavy. As gluedries, the paper will smooth out.
- 3.STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam is very forgiving. If the papersquare does not meet the edges of the foam square exactly, runthe edge of the foam square along a tabletop, compressing the foam.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Feather Boa TopiaryGirl's Photo CubeGirl's Bulletin Board
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog