Fall Leaves & Textured Cube
Borrow Mother Nature's palette to decorate your home. Cover a cube of STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam in plain textured wallpaper then paint it a mix of rich nature-touched shades.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Acrylic paints: dark brown; burnt sienna; deep red
- Dried fall leaves/stems, one large bunch
- Dark green reindeer moss, one bag
- White, paintable textured wall covering
- (available by the roll in most hardware stores)
- Floral picks, 4", two
- 1. Trace cube sides and bottom onto back of wallpaper, notingdesired pattern placement; center same pattern on each side beforetracing. Cut out and glue paper to foam; leave cube top uncovered.
- 2. Use paintbrush to apply burnt sienna to one side ofpaper-covered cube. While wet, use paper towel to randomly addspots of deep red and dark brown. Repeat for each side andbottom; let dry. Add additional highlights as desired; let dry.
- 3. Use glue gun to cover foam ball with reindeer moss; let dry.Glue floral picks into bottom of ball; glue opposite ends into top of cube.
- 4. Trim leaf stems to 2" long. Apply glue to stems and insertinto foam ball, completely covering ball with leaves. Spotglue individual leaves into visible gaps. Let dry.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Textured Cube & RosesHandmade Paper Cube & RosesTissue & Tulle Floral Cube
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog