Scandinavian Felt Cutwork Cone
Warm-and-cozy Scandinavian style plays out over this topiary in festive holiday red and white. Simple foam cone is a versatile base for any design!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Felt, 14" x 14": red; white
- 1. Print pattern halves and tape together, aligning pieces asindicated; cut out pattern. Fold red felt in half and placepattern on fold. Trace outermost pattern edge onto red feltusing air-soluble marker. Cut out cone cover.
- 2. Apply white glue to foam cone and wrap with red felt cut in Step 1,aligning bottom edges of cone and felt. Spot glue seam to secure.
- 3. Use wooden skewer to make small hole in tip of cone. Place glue inhole and use skewer to push excess felt into hole; secure with pins.
- 4. Use transfer paper to transfer design details to foldedwhite felt. Cut out shapes. In addition, use straight bladescissors to cut the following strips from white felt: 1/2" x 12-1/2";1/2" x 5"; 1/4" x 4". Glue shortest length around tip of cone.
- 5. Use pinking shears to trim one long edge of each remainingwhite felt strip; glue around cone as shown. Refer to photoand pattern to glue design details to cone; let dry.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Scandinavian Felt Cutwork OrnamentsVintage Santa
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog