Silver Wire & Green Leaf Spheres
Elastic beading cord makes quick work of these sleek spheres. If you like add green silk leaves for additional color as you wrap the ball.
Completion Time -
less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Elastic beading cord, silver
- Acrylic craft paint, bronze
- Silk leaves (optional)
- Craft wire, silver
- 1. Paint ball of STYROFOAM™brand foam bronze. Hint: Insert chopstick orskewer into foam ball to hold while painting. Place chopstick in aglass or block of STYROFOAM™brand foam while paint dries.
- 2. If using leaves, glue them randomly onto the painted ball.
- 3. Cut craft wire into 1" lengths. Using needle nose pliers,bend wire into narrow U shapes.
- 4. Tie end of beading cord in a large knot. Place a dab of glue on foamball, place knot on glue and insert into foam ball; hold in place with U-shaped wire.
- 5. Gently but firmly wind the stretchy cord around the ball,using U-shaped wires after several wraps to help hold cords inplace. Continue wrapping, winding cord around ball in variousdirections, till ball is covered. (Note: If using leaves, glueon additional leaves as you wrap the ball.)
- 6. When ball is covered, follow Step #4 to attach the end of the cord.
- 7. Handle with care, so cords do not "spring" off ball.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Tulip Wall ArtTulip & Moss PlantersPebble Spheres
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog