Soccer Pencil Cube
Clever pencil cube corrals your pencils and keeps you organized. From sports to princesses scrapbook papers and embellishments make it easy to personalize a cube of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam.
Completion Time -
less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Scrapbook papers, your choice of theme
- Scrapbook embellishments: stickers, rub-ons, buttons, charms
- Brass grommets, eight 3/8"
- 1. Measure and cut five, 5 1/8" squares of scrapbook paper.
- 2. Spread glue on one paper square and adhere to foam cube.Trim excess paper. Repeat until top and four sides arecovered. (Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and willsmooth out as the glue dries.)
- 3. Using the tip of an Exacto blade or scissors, make smallcuts through the paper on the top of the cube. Insert a pencilthrough the paper slit and push the pencil straight down1-1/2" to 2" into the STYROFOAM™brand foam. Wiggle the pencil toenlarge the holes so that pencils can slip in and out easily.
- 4. Spread glue on reverse side of grommet and push into holeuntil it rests tight against the top of the cube. Repeat untilall 8 grommets are inserted in top of cube.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Soccer Wall ArtGirl's Pencil CubeMod Memo Cube
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog