Garden Collage Wall Art
Coordinating scrapbook papers easily mix and match to create this stunning custom wall sculpture. STYROFOAM™ Brand foam makes it lightweight and super inexpensive.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets: two 1" x 12" x 36"; one 1" x 12" X
- 12" sheet
- Scrapbook papers, 12" x 12", 7 - 10 sheets, heavier weight
- Acrylic craft paint, to coordinate with paper
- 1. Referring to cutting plan, use straight edge and pencil tomark cutting lines on 12" x 36" x 1" sheets ofSTYROFOAM™Brand Foam.
- 2. Cut out pieces using a utility knife with a very sharpblade or a serrated kitchen knife; wax the knife blade with anold candle for easier cutting.
- 3. Paint all edges, including the 12" x 12" square, withacrylic craft paint. Let dry.
- 4. Cut scrapbook papers to fit foam pieces.
- 5. Spread a very thin, even layer of glue on foam piece and adherecorresponding paper; if needed, secure corners with craft pins tilldry. Repeat till all foam pieces are covered. Let dry.(Hint: Papers might appear wavy at first, and will smooth out as the glue dries.)
- 6. Using low-temp glue, assemble the sculpture following the assembly diagram.
- 7. For additional reinforcement, glue craft sticks to reverse side toconnect the pieces; be sure craft sticks are not visible from the front.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Faux Stone Candle RunnerBright Green Marimekko Wall ArtRectangle Wall Sculpture
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog