Batik Fabric Wall Art
Dress up a bare wall in a hurry using beautiful batik fabric scraps and squares of STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam.ï¿½ Spray glue brings this look together in a flash!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 12" x 36" x 1", two
- Assorted batik fabrics, one 14" square per wall art panel
- 1. Measure and mark four 9" squares on one foam sheet and twosquares on second sheet. Wax serrated knife with candle stubor paraffin; cut out squares on lines.
- 2. Cut six 14" squares of fabric. Cover work area with newspaper.
- 3. Place first fabric square face down and spray with glue,following manufacturer's directions. Center foam square onfabric and press down gently. Turn square over and gentlysmooth fabric with fingers to prevent wrinkles.
- 4. Working on one side at a time, fold down excess fabric atedges of foam square to create crisp "hospital" corners; applyspray glue along foam edges and press fabric into glue tosecure. Pin in place, if additional hold is required.
- 5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to cover each foam square with adifferent fabric. Let dry completely.
- 6. Use glue gun to secure ends of sawtooth hanger to topcenter back of each foam square. Apply glue to nail ends andinsert into holes in hangers. Let dry completely. Squares mayalso be hung using wall putty.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Garden Bedroom Wall ArtCoastal Wall ArtColorful Garden Topiaries
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog