Handmade Paper & Dried Florals Arrangement
Easy-to-use handmade paper kit quickly transforms a plain foam shape into something extraordinary using everyday recyclables. Textured 'bowl' is a lovely year-round focal point.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Paper-making kit
- Paper: beige tissue; two recycled magazine pages; assorted junk mail
- Dried artificial florals: six cream mini daisies;
- seven wildflower stems; seven thistle
- Bright green handmade dried pod flowers, four
- Green mini poppies, three
- Juniper stems
- Reindeer moss: dark green; bright green
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foamballs in half. Set aside one half of each ball for a future project.
- 2. Glue skewers halfway into center of cut side of larger foamhalf-ball. Apply glue to exposed skewer ends and push smallerfoam half-ball onto skewers, cut side down. Let dry.
- 3. Follow manufacturer's directions to make one 8-1/2" x 11"sheet of paper using recycled magazine pages, junk mail andpieces of tissue paper. Let dry.
- 4. Tear handmade paper into pieces approximately 2"-3" square.Adhere pieces to 5" half-ball using paper glue or white glue;completely cover foam surface. Let dry.
- 5. Tear small pieces of tissue and adhere here and there to outside ofpaper-covered "bowl"; tear small bits of juniper and glue to bowl.
- 6. Use glue gun to adhere alternating colors of moss to 4"half-ball and exposed top of 5" half-ball; let dry. Glue verysmall bits of moss to bottom of bowl, if needed, to stabilizebowl so it will not roll or tip.
- 7. Use floral shears to trim all flower stems to 2"-4" lengths.Refer to photo and begin inserting stems into 4" half-ball.Position handmade pod flowers in center front and back of arrangementfor balance. Continue adding flowers until pleased with design.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Fall Leaves & Textured CubeFloral ConesHandmade Paper Cube & Roses
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog