Daddy Long Leg Spider
EEK! Haunt your own home this Halloween with a super-sized arachnid made from shapes of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam. Kids will love these.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls: one 2-1/2"; four 1-1/2"
- Sheet, 1" thick, scrap
- Black acrylic paint
- Orange felt scrap
- Wiggle eyes, 3/8", two
- Black wire, 16-gauge
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut 1-1/2"foam balls in half.
- 2. Insert skewers into all foam shapes. Holding skewers, paintshapes black. Place skewers in heavy glass or jar while shapesdry. Remove skewers.
- 3. Use wire cutters to cut eight 16" wire lengths. If unableto find black wire, paint metallic wire black. Push wire endsinto scrap foam sheet until dry.
- 4. Use pliers to bend a "knee" into each wire length, about 4"from one end. Insert short wire ends into large foam ballbody, four on each side. Remove wires and use glue gun tosecure wire ends in holes.
- 5. Glue and insert bottom wire ends into foam half-ball feetso spider stands level.
- 6. Use white glue to glue eyes onto spider. Hand cut crescent-shapedeyebrows and mouth from orange felt; glue to face as shown.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Feather Boa Eyeball WreathJumping SpiderMolded Magic Spider and Pumpkins
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog