Bold Red & White Fabric Ornaments
Transform just a quarter-yard of fabric into a fantastic holiday gift or decoration for your home. Balls of STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam make the perfect creative canvas!
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls, 4", three
- Cone, 15" x 4"
- Red/white graphic print cotton fabrics, Â¼ yd.
- Silver metallic ribbon, 1/8" x 1 yd.
- Quilt batting
- Moss green velvet or faux suede fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Seven assorted ribbons, 1/8" to 3/4" wide, 2/3 yd. each
- Cream ribbon rosebuds with leaves, one small package
- Vintage-look buttons and charms, including ribbon buckle
- Gold seed beads
- 1. Cut pattern from each fabric as indicated.
- 2. Insert wooden skewers into foam balls. Holding skewer, use putty knifeto spread thin, even layer of paste over surface of balls.
- 3. Spread a thin, even layer of paste onto back of one fabricsegment. Place fabric on first ball, aligning top point withwooden skewer. Carefully snip fabric along edges so piece willlay flat when smoothed with fingertips. Follow design infabric to disguise clipping.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 for each fabric segment, overlapping segmentsslightly when gluing them to foam ball. Place skewer in heavyglass or jar and let dry completely. Repeat to cover each foamball with fabric; fabrics may be mixed for a different look.
- 5. Following manufacturer's directions, apply several thincoats of dcoupage medium to fabric-covered balls, lettingdry between coats. Let balls dry completely.
- 6. Remove skewers. Cut ribbon into three 12" lengths. Knotends of each length together, 2" from cut ends. Use white glueto glue knots into holes left by skewers; push knots in firmlywith skewer. Tie ribbon ends in a bow.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Embossed Velvet Tree TrimmersFancy Fabric OrnamentWarm & Cozy Flannel Ornaments
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog