Red Carnation Gift Packages
Festive foam-and-flower arrangements never wilt and will look good for years to come. For fun perch them under the tree! Change out the flowers and use for birthdays and other special occasions.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Block, 18" x 12" x 2"
- Cube, 5"
- Silk flowers: red carnations, 80; white gerbera daisies, two
- Glittered red/green crystal bead stems, six
- White/red/green wire-edged holiday ribbon, 2-1/2" wide, large spool
- Floral shears
- Floral pins
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Measureand mark one 8" square on foam block; cut out.
- 2. Use floral shears to trim carnation stems to 2" long anddaisy stems to 4" long. Insert carnations into top and sidesof foam square and foam cube, completely covering surface;leave bottom of each foam shape uncovered. Spot glue stemsinto foam to secure as needed.
- 3. Beginning at center top of each package, wrap ribbon aroundshape and back up to top; cut excess and pin ends of ribbon to foam.Repeat, wrapping ribbon in the opposite direction around foam shape.
- 4. Cut two 24" ribbon lengths and tie each into a loopy bowwith tails. Pin bows to top of each package.
- 5. Use floral shears to trim glittered ball stems to 12" long.Bend stems into loops and insert three into each package toparound bows; spot glue stems into foam as needed. Glue andinsert one daisy into center top of each package.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:Elegant Christmas Rose ArrangementRed Carnations Cone TopiaryRed & White Floral Spheres
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog