Patterns based on Fold-it Swirls Template by Susan Niner and Jamesfor Hot Off the Press
- 1. Cut several long, 1-1/2"-wide strips from one edge of greenpaper. Wrap foam wreath with paper strips to completely coversurface; secure ends to back of wreath using glue gun.
- 2. Trace 13 large and eight small rose patterns onto back ofred paper. Trace 13 small roses onto back of white paper.Trace 18 leaves onto back of green paper. Cut out all shapes.Score each leaf along line indicated and gently bend sides upward.
- 3. Cut eight 1/8" x 12" strips from green paper; tightly windstrips around wooden skewer to curl and set aside.
- 4. Cut or punch thirteen 5/8" rose pink squares for centers oflarge red roses. Cut or punch twenty-one 1/2" rose pinksquares for centers of small roses. Use white glue or gluestick to adhere pink centers to center back of each rose; rosepetals will be folded toward backside to reveal front of paper.
- 5. For each flower, fold petals over toward back of paper.Fold first two petals along lines indicated on pattern. Whenfolding second two petals, tuck petal under previously foldedpetal. When all petals are folded and tucked, back of rose will forma square and front will reveal center "circle" of rose-colored paper.
- 6. Gently fold opposite sides of leaf together, as indicatedby "X" on pattern, to make leaf cup and glue to secure. Usethumb to "drag" leaf tip over side of wooden skewer to addslight curve, if desired.
- 7. Using white glue and referring to photo as a guide, gluelarge roses evenly spaced around wreath. Glue white rosesevenly spaced to wreath. Fill in spaces with small red roses.Secure roses with straight pins as needed.
- 8. Glue leaves in and around roses. Spread out green curlicuesslightly and glue into wreath at random. Glue pearl spraysevenly spaced around wreath.
- 9. Make a loop from a thin strip of leftover paper and glue tocenter back of wreath for hanger.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiringideas:Loopy Paper WreathSweet Music WreathWhite Felt Poinsettia Wreath