Serene Seas Wall Art
Create calm in any room with elegant wall art panels dressed in shades of sea and sky. Simply cover sheets of STYROFOAM™ Brand foam with paper and ribbon. Easy!
The Dow Chemical Company
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Sheets, 36" x 12" x 1", three
- Cardstock-weight decorative papers, 12" x 12" sheets:
- three blue/green "wave";
- two each pale green, blue, pale blue solids
- Coordinating ribbon, 1" x 8-1/4 yds.
- 1. Use putty knife to spread thin, even coat of white glue onfront of first foam sheet. Refer to photo to carefully adherethree sheets of paper to foam, butting edges against eachother just slightly; smooth paper with fingers.
- 2. Repeat Step 1 to cover all three foam sheets. If desired,pin paper at corners as glue dries. (Hint: Papers may appear wavy atfirst, and will smooth out as glue dries.) When dry, remove pins.
- 3. Cut three 99" ribbon lengths. Beginning and ending at onelower corner, glue ribbons around foam sheets, allowing a bitof overlap. Pin ribbon to foam until glue dries; remove pins.(Hint: Foam is very forgiving; if paper does not exactly meetfoam edges, run edge of foam square along a tabletop, compressing foam.)
- 4. Glue sawtooth hanger ends to top center back of each panel.Dip nail tips into glue and push firmly into foam throughhanger holes; let dry before hanging.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:[removed link][removed link][removed link]
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog