Bright Green Topiary Trio
Showcase festive bright green topiaries in simple metal containers for maximum versatility. Wreaths of STYROFOAMâ„¢ Brand foam are the perfect canvas for holiday - and everyday - floral designs.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Blocks, 8" x 4" x 2", two
- Wreaths, one each: 12" x 2" x 2";
- 10" x 2" x 2";
- 9" x 1-1/4" x 1-1/4"
- Metal containers, assorted heights, three
- Green daisies with dark centers, 24
- Laurel leaf stems, two
- Bright green faux apples, 1"-2" diameter, 11
- Olive green beaded grape or berry stems, 10
- Green metallic sequined stems, five
- Moss, one bag each: bright green; dark green
- Wooden dowels: 6" lengths, 17; brown, bark-covered 10" length
- 1. Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut foamblocks into small pieces to fill all three containers; securefoam using glue gun.
- 2. Using glue gun, glue small bits of dark green moss to 10"foam wreath (berries), completely covering surface. Cover 9"foam wreath (apples) with bright green moss.
- 3. Using floral shears, trim all berry, leaf and floral stemsto 2" lengths.
- 4. Glue and insert beaded berry stems into front of 10" foamwreath. Arrange berries along front of wreath; insert floralpins to secure. Place 10" wreath upright on shortestcontainer. Insert three short dowel lengths through centerbottom of wreath into container foam to secure design. Useglue gun to cover dowels and top of container with bits ofdark green moss. Pin or glue laurel leaf stems intoarrangement as shown.
- 5. Glue and insert daisy stems into front and sides of 12"foam wreath. Glue and insert top of bark-covered dowel intocenter bottom of wreath; glue and insert opposite end intofoam in tallest container. Use glue gun to cover foam incontainer with bright green moss.
- 6. Using tip of floral shears, poke small hole in one side ofeach apple, varying position just slightly. Glue and twist oneshort dowel length into each apple; let dry. Using shears,trim visible portion of each dowel to 2" length. Glue andinsert apples into front of 9" foam wreath. Secure wreath toremaining container in same way as berry wreath; cover dowelsand top of container with bright green moss. Trim sequin stems;glue and insert into bottom sides and around center of apple wreath.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:[removed link][removed link][removed link]
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog