Golden Beaded Angel
Create elegant holiday atmosphere with this shining angel. Make one or a choir! Foam shapes come in many sizes; adjust materials to create your desired look.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Balls, one each: 3"; 2"
- Cone, 9" x 4"
- Sheet, scrap
- Spray paint: metallic gold, foam-safe
- Gold bead string, 6mm x 1 yd.
- Sheer gold ribbon, 3" x 1-1/3 yds.
- Lightweight spackling compound
- 1. Protect work surface with old newspapers. Work outdoors orin well-ventilated area. Place large box on its side overnewspapers to create a spray box.
- 2. Insert wooden skewer into bottom of 3" foam ball; insertopposite end into scrap foam. Place 3" ball and foam coneinside spray box. Spray paint pieces gold; let dry completely. Removeskewer from ball. Using glue gun, glue gold ball to top of cone; let dry.
- 3. Beginning at base of cone, use glue gun to glue bead stringevenly around cone. Continue wrapping beads up and aroundcone, keeping rows tight, until cone and ball are bothcompletely covered. Trim excess bead string. Glue end ofstring to top of ball to secure; let dry.
- 4. Insert skewer into bottom of 2" foam ball. Holding skewerand using small palette knife, apply thin, even layer ofspackling to foam surface. Place skewer end into scrap foam;let dry completely. When dry, lightly sand spackling and wipeaway dust with damp paper towel. Repeat.
- 5. Spray paint 2" ball gold; let dry. Remove skewer from ball.Use glue gun to glue "head" to "body" as shown. Let dry completely.
- 6. Cut ribbon in half. Tie one ribbon length into a large bowwith very short tails; trim away excess ribbon. Tie secondribbon length into a small bow with long tails. Use glue gunto glue small bow to center of large bow; let dry. Glue backof layered bow to top center back of angel's body; let dry completely.
- 7. Cut 5" length from remaining bead string. Usingclear-drying glue, glue beads to head in a circle to createhalo; do not use glue gun as glue will be visible.If you enjoyed this project, look here for more inspiring ideas:[removed link][removed link][removed link]
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog