Use team colors to decorate this sports 'float' centerpiece featuring a football helmet football megaphone and ribbons.
Completion Time -
Jean Kievlan and Julie McGuffee
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- 1-1" x 6" Disc
- 1-1" x 8" Disc
- 1- 6-1/2" Cone
- 2- 3" Balls
- 1- 3" Egg
- 1- 5" x 12" x 1" Rectangle
- 1. With a Black marker, draw a "C" shaped pattern at the rightside of the disk to create the football helmet (refer tophoto). Draw knife edge over candle to wax it. Cut balls inhalf using a sawing motion. Cut away the "C" shape from thehelmet. Sponge White gesso on all pieces of STYROFOAM™. Let dry thoroughly.
- 2. Paint the half balls and the helmet opaque Red. Paint therectangle base Denim Blue and the cone Bright Yellow.
- 3. Paint the football Raw Sienna. Let dry, then paint lacing lines Black.
- 4. Glue spirit emblem on the helmet and disc. Curl 20" lengthsof ribbon. Tie three of each color curled ribbon together atone end. Poke a hole at the top of the cone, insert glue, thenribbon bundle. insert dowel into White disc. Tie ribbonstreamers around dowel at base of disc.
- 5. Use toothpicks to assemble wheels and helmet onto base.Insert dowel into base. Lay cone on base. Place football near helmet.Note: Your team colors may be substituted for the colors used.The wheels and helmet can be glued onto the base if desired,however, using toothpicks instead of glue, you can "break down"the centerpiece for storage.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog