A Handful of Kittens
One little kitten might have lost its mitten, but these little kitties found a new home in an old glove. Our kittens are made with a black glove, but you can use any other mismatched glove you happen to have on hand.
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Black stretch glove
- Fiberfil stuffing
- Half round beads: l7mm black (noses); 5mm black (eyes)
- Heavyweight thread black
- Felt: black scrap, pink scrap
- Terracotta flower pot, small
- Acrylic craft paint, dark green
- Sphagnum moss
- Preserved leaves
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- White craft glue
- 1. Paint terra cotta green; let dry.
- 2. Insert a 1" ball of STYROFOAM Brand Foam into each finger of glove, and wiggle it to the tip of the finger. (HINT: If the glove will not flex, turn finger inside out, place ball at tip, and then pull finger over ball. Turn glove right side out.)
- 3. Lightly stuff the glove with fiberfill.
- 4. Gather the cuff of the glove together and fold the thumb toward the center. Attach glove cuff to the bottom the flower pot using a generous amount of low temp glue. Hold in place till glue sets.
- 5. Add small pieces of green moss and a few leaves around the rim. Gently pull up cat heads so they stretch about the rim of the flower pot.
- 6. Glue 5mm half round black beads onto each cat for eyes. Glue 8mm half round black bead onto each cat for a nose.
- 7. Cut three lengths of heavyweight black thread for each cat for whiskers. Tie three whiskers together with a knot in the center; trim whiskers so they are even. Add a dab of glue under the nose and attach whiskers. If needed, pin in place with straight pins while glue dries.
- 8. Cut ears and tails from black felt. Cut pink center for ears from pink felt. Glue pink centers to each ear. Glue ears and tails to cats; if needed, pin in place while glue dries.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog