Make a Frankenmummy Family
Meet the Frankenmummy family! Kids will have fun making and displaying these frightfully fun characters.
Completion Time -
Less than 1 hour
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Cubes: 5", two; 3", one
- Egg: 2-1/2", two
- Balls, 1-1/5", one; 1-1/4", three; 1", two
- Chenille stems: black, pink
- Wiggle eyes, six
- Metal screws, six
- Acrylic Paint: pink
- Optional: self-adhesive jewels; pink blush
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Assemble the 5" heads:o Nose: Insert toothpick halfway into 1-1/4" ball; insert toothpick into center of 5" cube and glue ball in place.o Eyes: Glue wiggle eyes above the nose, about 3/4" apart.o Ears: Using plastic knife, cut 2-1/2" eggs in half lengthwise, then cut another thin slice from cut edge; discard extra slice. Insert toothpicks halfway into cut side of half egg. Insert toothpick into center of each side, and glue half egg in place.o Eyelids: Cut the two, 1-1/4" balls in half, then cut in half again, creating four equal quarters. Glue to face, slightly overlapping the top of each wiggle eye.
- 2. Assemble the 3" head: Follow Step 1, using the 1" ball for the nose; the 1-1/5" ball for the ears; and the 1? ball for the eyelids.
- 3. Cut a 1-1/2" wide strip of cheesecloth. Glue one end to back of mummy and wrap around the face. Repeat with second strip, wrapping and gluing ends till mummy is covered.
- 4. Cut chenille stems to form stitches, mouths and eyelashes (for girl mummy). Bend ends of stems and insert into foam face. Hint: Poke a hole through cheesecloth first with a sharp pencil.
- 5. Paint two screws pink; let dry. Poke holes under ears using sharp pencil. Insert and glue screws into holes.
- 6. Optional: Blush girl mummy's cheeks pink; add earrings to ears.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog