A Blue Christmas Ribbon & Snowball Wreath
Frosty blue ribbons in luscious textures and finishes create a ribbon wreath you can display all winter long. Mini snowballs add a whimsical touch.
Completion Time -
STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- Wreath: 12 inch
- Balls: 1 inch, 12 - 14; 1-1/2 inch, 5 - 6
- Textured paint, sparkle finish
- Ribbons: 1 inch velvet, 7 - 9 yds.; 1 inch satin, 7 - 9 yds.; 1 inch glitter, 1 - 2 yds.; 1-1/2 inch iridescent sequin, 2 yds.
- Thick, white craft glue
- 1. Insert and glue toothpicks into foam balls.
- 2. Paint balls with sparkle texture paint. HINT: Insert toothpicks into a scrap of foam to hold balls upright while paint dries.
- 3. Cut one 8 inch length of ribbon for a hanger, and cut remaining ribbons into 4 inch - 5 inch lengths. Set aside 4 - 5 lengths of each type of ribbon for Step 6.
- 4. Add 1 inch wide ribbons to wreath first. To create a loop, bring ribbon ends together, apply a dab of glue on wreath, place the ends of the ribbon loop on the glue, and using a pointed tool, push ribbon ends into wreath. Repeat, alternating 1 inch wide velvet and satin ribbons, till wreath is covered.
- 5. Add loops of 1-1/2 inch iridescent ribbon as accents. Add loops of glittered ribbon last.
- 6. Cut a point in remaining ribbons lengths and trim to 3 inch. Glue and insert into wreath.
- 7. Add snowballs by inserting and gluing toothpicks into foam wreath. If toothpicks are too long, trim with knippers first.
- 8. Tie knot in 8 inch length of ribbon, forming hanging loop. Pin and glue to back of wreath.
Inspiration: Make our Projects
Inspiration: Read our Blog